Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Karen being honored at the rowing hall of fame



So this is my Sister-in-law, Karen, accepting her award for being inducted into the Rowing Hall of Fame in Mystic CT on 20 MAR 2010. What an amazing time for her and I was thrilled to have been allowed to be witness to this group of rowers honoring her. IMO she epitomizes sportsmanship and although I haven't seen it first hand, I've heard that she is a fierce competitor. (She probably kicks your butt with a devastating smile!)

We had a great time, albeit short, but there were lots of folks to honor and in my mind Karen and her teammate stood out! Two women working so hard to achieve such a great accomplishment (two olympic medals in doubles crew) is something to take note of, it's not easy!

So... there you have it, I'm a proud sister-in-law!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: